Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Letter to Dr.Ackerman

Dear Dr. Ackerman,

I am Tiana Brown a student at Constitution High that attends in the dual enrollment program. I am writing you this letter because I was told by the principal of my school that the dual enrollment program might be taken away from the student and I that attend my school due to the budget cuts. I feel that our school really needs and deserve to remain having the privilege to attend the dual enrollment program at Cheyney Unviersity for three important reasons. The first one is it gives us as the next generation of doctors, lawyers, teachers etc. the opportunity to experience college level work while still in high school. Which more prepares us for what we will be doing in college. The second reason is that we won't get another chance to take the classes that are provided to us because we are about to graduation for high school and become freshmen at colleges all across the country. The last and final reason is that as becoming adults the dual enrollment program allows the seniors to have an advantage. We attend the dual enrollment classes across the street from our original school and the fact that we have to sometimes have to go back and forth allows the adults to give us a myriad of freedom and responsibility and that's to the dual enrollment program that we can get a chance to demonstrate how mature we really are. So before you decide to cut the dual enrollment program please think about me Tiana Brown a student at Constitution High and the letter I wrote to you.


Thank You,
Tiana R. Brown

No comments: