Friday, June 6, 2008

Depression is not Easy*(GRADE THIS)*

Have you ever known a person that is insane and sane at the same time? Well if you haven't I do. Dealing with a person with no hope insight, no dreams to conquer, and no reason for living is a excruciating pain to bare. The way I acknowledge this is by watching my dear friends. I noticed their personalities, mental illnesses, and their disturbing backgrounds.

The personality of a mentally or physically ill person is very confused and unaware. They're so unsure of what they are capable of. Reflecting back to the story Of Mice and Men reminds me of the time when the one of the main characters Lennie was attacked by a vicious snake named Curley. Curley constantly struck Lennie because he knew he was retarded and wanted to pick at him. Striking Lennie so repeatedly until there was blood on his face and sparked a reality check. Then once Lennie realized the situation, he grabbed Curley's hand and squeezed it so tight, then the next thing you knew Curley's hand was busted and there was blood everywhere.

Another incident that I can remember is about physially ill friend named Bigger Thomas. Being that Bigger was a minority in the environment which he lived in, He didn't have as much opportunities as the majority. The fact that he is physically ill, he picks on his friends to boost his ego and makes him feel better about himself. Another example that really makes him physical illness noticable to everybody, was when Bigger wanted to commit a robbery but I was scared as hell when he asked me, so I said I didn't want to but he tried to best my up because I said know.

No comments: