Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Native Son


As a young teenager I am not interested in reading long boring novels that shows discrimination against me and my people. I hate that African american are self destructing our people. I believe this is why I wasn't interestes in the book "Native Son."

Although the book describes violent and personally relative the writer didn't write it descriptively enough for my liking. The fact that they didn'tuse hooks or vocabulary that would engage my interest. There was nothing really for me to hold onto ecept for the fact another African American male is being individualized. After awhile, the book just became a class assignment and was not something I wanted to do.

To go along with the the boring outline, I didn't agree with the way the author potrayed African Americans. In the book, the African American boy was a low class, proverty living killer. Every African American was imaged as a poor soul. All African Americans living in the city act the way he described.

Once again, I don't think this novel is written for someone like me and if you are like me. Which is the type of person that thinks highly of all my culture no matter what than I don't reccommend that you read this book. Not just because of the individualization but because of form that stereotypes African Americans.

No comments: