Monday, May 19, 2008

Independence Hours

For my independence hour of service learning I've been cleaning up my block. I sweep the street, my neighbors steps and pick up the trash. I perform this service every Saturday morning. I have dedicated myself and time to trying to make my community a better place to because I'd rather make an effort to make my neighborhood better than to just complain. I will have the block Shinera Yeiser give a letter and signature to prove that I service 10 hours of cleaning on my block.

Performing Service Learning has changed me in many ways. It's shows me how to much being a good citizens is worth. I get the opportunity to learn discipline, responsibility and active citizenship. I've made the choice to take service learning not an option but a priority. Service Learning has showed me a way to change the world and make it a better place no matter how small of the service. This is proven because of the cleaning services that I provide allows the seniors on my block the chance to step on a clean step without having to worry about trash on their step and everywhere else on the block.

No comments: